Sound Devices A20-Nexus 8-Channel Digital Wireless Receiver (470 to 1524 MHz)
Includes: • 2 x A20-Monarch SpectraBand antennas • 2 x Articulating arm with clamp and 1⁄4-20 thread mount • 2 x 30in/75cm BNC – BNC cable • 2 x 2.4GHz SMA Tilting antenna • 2 x NexLink side mounting brackets with SMA to SMA cable
The future of wireless
Meet the half-rack receiver with an entire rack's worth of features. The next-generation A20-Nexus is expandable from 8 channels up to 16 channels with software licenses and features forward-thinking technologies like SpectraBand, the powerful NexLink remote-control link, real time spectrum analysis, and more. With multiple options for audio outputs, powering, and remote control, the A20-Nexus can seamlessly adapt to your workflow, both now and in the future.
- 8-channel ultra-high-performance, true-diversity receivers in a ½ rack size (8.0” x 6.6” x 1.6”).
- Expandable to 12- or 16-channels via software license (coming soon).
- 470 MHz – 1525 MHz tuning range via SpectraBand Technology.
- NexLink: integrated, long distance remote control of all wireless transmitters
- Dante audio-over-IP of RF receiver audio.
- Flexible powering: via PoE+, DC input, 8-Series, or AC mains (with optional adapter).
- Web App control from browser on any computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Full remote operation capability: Power via PoE, audio via Dante, control via Web App.
- Dual DB-25 connectors for 16 channels of mic, line, or AES outputs
- 16 channels of Dante audio-over-IP output to DB25 connectors on the back panel.
- Wide, 6.2” color OLED array with touch for control and monitoring.
- Integrated Real Time Spectrum Analyzer (RTSA) and scanning for intuitive frequency coordination.
- Optical Fiber Network option via SFP slot. SFP accepts a wide variety of modular network transceivers.
- A20-QuickDock allows docking and undocking in seconds from 8-Series mixer-recorders with no tools.
- Supports GainForward Architecture: No gain setting on the A20-Mini transmitter. Adjust gain at the receiver or mixer.
- 100% digital long-range modulation delivers the longest transmission distance of any system on the market.
- Excellent audio quality, full 10 Hz – 20 kHz audio bandwidth.
- RF SAW filters for excellent rejection of interference from nearby IFB or camera hop transmitters.
- BNC timecode input for auto timecode sync of transmitters over NexLink
SpectraBand technology delivers a tuning range of 470 – 1525 MHz in a single unit – an industry first. Experience ultimate flexibility as you find open spectrum away from the crowded UHF TV band. The included A20-Monarch antennas can receive the entire 470-1525 MHz range, keeping your kit small and tidy.
Control your A20-Mini transmitter using the built-in long range remote control link. NexLink’s advanced long distance modulation reaches even farther than the A20-Mini’s long-range audio transmission.
You’ve got options. Configure your A20-Nexus for Dante audio, use the built-in web server to control the receiver using the web browser on any computer, tablet, or phone, and even power the A20-Nexus remotely using Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
Real time spectrum analysis
The days of waiting for a frequency scan to complete are over. Instantly visualize the fluctuating RF spectrum around you in real time – while running all channels of the audio.
With the A20-Mini’s GainForward Architecture, easily set the Mini’s gain, low-cut, and limiter directly on your A20-Nexus or mixer-recorder. This immediate, local control of gain means never having to adjust the gain on the transmitter again.
Thanks to its half-rack size, the A20-Nexus is equally at home in a rack, in a bag, or docked to an 8-Series mixer recorder for a cableless kit.
The A20-Nexus and A20-Mini deliver the longest transmission distance of any system on the market.¹ The state-of-the-art, 100% digital long-range modulation offers the same great audio quality (10 Hz – 20 kHz) as our Standard modulation scheme with a longer range for both line-of-sight and heavy multipath transmission.
Shoot for the stars
The A20-Nexus joins the growing lineup of Sound Devices Astral™ wireless products. With industry-leading features like SpectraBand, GainForward, NexLink, long range modulation, real time spectrum analysis, and more, the Astral Series pushes the bounds of wireless audio.