The MixPre-6 has four (4) discrete mic preamps via combo XLR/1/4 inputs, and one 3.5mm stereo output (2-ch). It can record up to 8 tracks (6 ch + LR mix) It can stream up to 6 analog inputs + 2-channel mix over USB. The 1/4” connectors allow ¼” line-input sources to be connected directly. Records to a removable SD, SDHC or SDX card. Accepts timecode over 3.5mm or HDMI TC input.
Optional Accessories: MX-88AA Battery Sled, MX-Lmount Battery Sled (Li-ion), MX-Charge (Wall PSU w/ USB-C)
- Superior professional-grade audio – new high performance, Sound Devices custom-engineered Kashmir™ mic preamps with analog limiters and new 32-bit A-to-D converters.
- Full-featured mixer – equipped with ergonomic gain controls for fast and accurate mixing, and a custom-designed, wide-bandwidth headphone amp for monitoring. Also includes pan and soloing plus circular LED metering.
- USB audio interface – record while streaming USB audio at the same time; ideal for mixing or recording podcasts, Skype interviews, video blogs or front end to your DAW. Also serves as a useful backup by recording to an SD card.
- Compact and durable – the MixPre-3 is one of the smallest products in its class. Both the MixPre-3 and the slightly larger MixPre-6 are the perfect size for jobs on the run. They are also constructed with a die-cast aluminum chassis making them robust, yet extremely lightweight.
- Touchscreen – sunlight-readable, color LCD using IPS touch-screen technology for the ultimate in convenient easy navigation and operation.
- Mobile app – built-in Bluetooth Smart® Technology enables control from the Sound Devices free Wingman app. Users can start/stop recording, enter/edit metadata, as well as arm, disarm and rename tracks on the MixPre recorder from a mobile device. The Wingman app is available for iOS from the App Store.
- Simultaneous Recording, Mixing, USB audio streaming
|Simultaneous Recording, Mixing, USB audio streaming||4 XLR/TRS Combo|
|Aux/Mic In (3.5 mm)||4 uses: Camera Return, Plug-in-Power Mic, 2 ch Line In & Timecode|
|Low Cut Filters||40 - 240 Hz, 18dB/Oct|
|Input Trim Limiters||Analog/digital hybrid|
|Fader and Output Limiters||Digital|
|Input Pair Linking (Stereo and M/S)||Pairs 1-2, 3-4, 5-6|
|Input Polarity Reverse||Yes|
|Input Gain, Pan, and Fader Controls||Yes|
|Input SOLOs||Individual or Multiple|
|Unbalanced Stereo Output (3.5 mm) w/routing matrix||Yes|
|Headphone Output||3.5 mm; wide bandwidth, high gain|
|Headphone Presets||User Programmable|
|LCD Metering||3 Meter Views|
|Metering Surrounding Fader Knobs||Multi-Color Ring LED|
|Recording Media||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Tracks||8 (6 channel + mix)|
|Max Sampling Rate||192 kHz|
|Max Bit Depth||24|
|Audio File Format||Wav Poly|
|Metadata||Scene, Take, Notes, Track Names Editing|
|Playback Audio Scrub||1/8x to 16x (FFWD and REW)|
|USB Ports||2 (1 USB-A, 1 USB-C)|
|USB Audio Streaming||8 in / 4 out to Mac &/or Windows with ASIO driver; 2 in / 2 out to Windows w/o ASIO driver|
|File Transfer||USB 2.0|
|Operation Modes||Basic, Advanced, Custom|
|Load/Save User Setup||4 Internal; Unlimited to SD Card|
|Reader||Time of Day, HDMI, or LTC via Aux In|
|Power Source||4x AA or 8x AA, L-Mount, USB-C|
|iPhone/iPad USB-A Charging Port||Yes (when powered by L-Mount Batteries)|
|Wingman iOS App||via integrated Bluetooth Smart|
|Record Start/Stop Trigger||HDMI Flag or Timecode|
|Chassis Material||Die Cast Aluminum|
|Size||6.53" x 4.65" x 1.40" (166mm x 118mm x 36mm)|
|Weight||19.9 oz (.56 kg)|