Shipping Early May 2017 - Now Accepting Pre-Orders
The MixPre-6 has four (4) discrete mic preamps via combo XLR/1/4 inputs, and one 3.5mm stereo output (2-ch). It can record up to 8 tracks (6 ch + LR mix) It can stream up to 6 analog inputs + 2-channel mix over USB. The 1/4” connectors allow ¼” line-input sources to be connected directly. Records to a removable SD, SDHC or SDX card. Accepts timecode over 3.5mm or HDMI TC input.
- Superior professional-grade audio – new high performance, Sound Devices custom-engineered Kashmir™ mic preamps with analog limiters and new 32-bit A-to-D converters.
- Full-featured mixer – equipped with ergonomic gain controls for fast and accurate mixing, and a custom-designed, wide-bandwidth headphone amp for monitoring. Also includes pan and soloing plus circular LED metering.
- USB audio interface – record while streaming USB audio at the same time; ideal for mixing or recording podcasts, Skype interviews, video blogs or front end to your DAW. Also serves as a useful backup by recording to an SD card.
- Compact and durable – the MixPre-3 is one of the smallest products in its class. Both the MixPre-3 and the slightly larger MixPre-6 are the perfect size for jobs on the run. They are also constructed with a die-cast aluminum chassis making them robust, yet extremely lightweight.
- Touchscreen – sunlight-readable, color LCD using IPS touch-screen technology for the ultimate in convenient easy navigation and operation.
- Mobile app – built-in Bluetooth Smart® Technology enables control from the Sound Devices free Wingman app. Users can start/stop recording, enter/edit metadata, as well as arm, disarm and rename tracks on the MixPre recorder from a mobile device. The Wingman app is available for iOS from the App Store.
- Simultaneous Recording, Mixing, USB audio streaming via 3 XLR inputs
Simultaneous Recording, Mixing, USB audio streaming
4 XLR/TRS Combo
Aux/Mic In (3.5 mm)
4 uses: Camera Return, Plug-in-Power Mic, 2 ch Line In & Timecode