Welcome the Mixpre-10T, the newest member of the MixPre Series!
The MixPre-10T is a 10-input recorder with built-in timecode generator and reader, offering up to 12 tracks of polyphonic WAV file recording – ideal for production sound mixers, recordists, sound designers, and musicians. It includes balanced outputs, locking 4-pin Hirose power connector and the ability to copy recorded files to a removable thumbdrive.
Some of the major features of the MixPre-10T include:
- Exceptional audio quality – featuring eight ultra-low-noise, discrete, Class-A, Kashmir mic preamps handcrafted by Sound Devices. The MixPre-10T offers signature analog limiters and new 32-bit A-to-D converters to ensure high quality, professional-grade audio recordings.
- Accurate Timecode – with built-in, ultra-high accuracy timecode generator and reader. Even when turned off or if all power is removed, the MixPre-10T continues to hold accurate timecode for hours. With its BNC, Aux, and HDMI timecode connections, all common frame rates and timecode modes are supported as well as the ability to lock to or output wordclock.
- Versatile I/O routing – flexibility with its two TA3 balanced outputs and a 3.5mm Stereo output, each with routing matrix. The MixPre-10T comes equipped with eight XLR/TRS combo Mic/Line level inputs, and a 3.5mm Aux/Mic input, which may be used for 2-channel line input, camera return, or timecode.
- Flexible powering options – including a locking 4-pin Hirose connector for either external battery powering or AC-powering, as well as AA or Li-Ion battery sleds.
- Unintimidating design – featuring a sunlight-readable, IPS touch screen LCD, and transport control joystick.
- Mixing and metering – with gain control knobs, and access to panning and soloing via a simple press of the knob. Easy-to-read ring LEDs display limiter activity, and three LCD views provide easy monitoring of multitrack, mix, and USB return meters.
- Built-in Bluetooth Smart® – enables control of the device from the free Sound Devices Wingman app. Users can start/stop recording, enter/edit metadata, and arm, disarm and rename tracks. MixPre-10T users also manage and create sound reports, plus email those reports directly from an iOS or Android device via Wingman.
- Superior headphone monitoring – through the MixPre-10T’s custom-designed, wide-bandwidth headphone amp, and user programmable routing presets.
- Compact and durable – the chassis is constructed from die-cast aluminum, class leading compact size and lightweight.
Like the MixPre-3 and MixPre-6, the MixPre-10T also makes an excellent USB audio interface featuring 12 channels in and 4 channels out from a Mac or Windows computer at up to 96k sample rate. The Mixpre-10T features the unique ability to record to an SD, SDHC or SDXC media card while simultaneously audio streaming via USB. The MixPre-10T can automatically copy recordings to a USB thumbdrive for creating a backup or deliver to clients.