The MixPre-10M combines the ease of dedicated hardware recording with the essence of computer-based music production software into an all-in-one recorder and USB audio interface. Ideal for song creation or live performances.
Musicians and songwriters now have an easy to use, portable device for capturing songs and ideas anywhere and anytime inspiration grabs them. Incorporating the core functionality of a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), the MixPre-10M is intuitive to allow musicians to focus on creating songs without letting technology get in the way. The MixPre-10M is the newest member of the renowned MixPre Series (MixPre-3, MixPre-6 & MixPre-10T) of audio recorders, mixers, and USB audio interfaces.
Note: Because the MixPre-10M is designed for musicians rather than location sound mixers it does not have the timecode functions of the MixPre-10T.
For existing MixPre-6 and MixPre-10T users, Sound Devices will soon be releasing a studio-grade Musician Plugin adding a new dimension or recording capabilities to the already versatile devices. For $99, the Musician Plugin will feature all the musician-inspired features, including overdub, remix, track laying, reverb, metronome and more. Plugin sold direct from Sound Devices (coming April 2018).
Includes XL-WPH3 Power Supply & MX-8AA Power Sled
- Exceptional audio quality – featuring eight, ultra low-noise Kashmir mic preamps handcrafted by Sound Devices. These preamps feature discrete, Class-A components with analog limiters offering musicians and songwriters the highest quality, distortion-free, musically-lush audio recordings.
- Musician’s toolkit – the MixPre-10M has the ability to simultaneously record, playback, mix, monitor, layer, and overdub up to 12 tracks, with the bounce feature helping to free up additional tracks. Other features include vintage reverb and vocal air effects, metronome, punch in and out, and the ability to insert and locate to cue points.
- Mixer for live performance – offering 10 channels of mixing, the MixPre-10M is also ideal for small live performances or submixer duties. Use as a portable mixer to feed directly into a PA and adjust levels, or playback pre-prepared multi-channel backing tracks for solo performers.
- Easy file sharing – musicians can export their mix to an SD card, USB thumbdrive, or to a computer as a stereo WAV or AAC file, which is ideal for emailing or uploading to music sharing platforms such as SoundCloud.
- Anytime, anywhere powering - featuring a convenient detachable sled of eight AA batteries (Lithium or NiMH rechargeable recommended). The MixPre-10M can also be powered via a locking 4-pin connector for either external battery powering or AC-powering (with included AC adapter), or via an optional sled that offers powering from up to two hot-swappable Sony L-Mount Li-Ion batteries.
- Versatile I/O routing – offering eight balanced XLR/TRS combo Mic/Line level inputs (each with 96dB of gain, 48v phantom power, low cut filters and limiters), a 3.5mm 2-channel Aux/Mic input, and four USB inputs from a MAC or PC. The MixPre-10M’s two balanced outputs, two unbalanced outputs, and stereo HP output can be configured to provide multiple monitoring options.
- Made-for-the-road design – nearly the size of a tablet, the MixPre-10M weighs in at two pounds and measures an ultra-compact 1.375” x 8.125” x 6.875”. Like all Sound Devices products, the MixPre-10M is extremely durable. Constructed with a die-cast aluminum chassis, it is both lightweight and incredibly robust making it the ultimate road companion for musicians.