No Sales Tax On Orders Shipped Outside of Florida
The Sound Devices 302 is a professional, compact 3 channel audio mixer designed to meet the demands of professional film, ENG / EFP and broadcast applications. Its compact design, extensive feature set and superior audio quality justify the mixer's popularity among industry professionals. The 302 features 3 balanced XLR inputs that are capable of accepting mic or line-level signal (user switchable). The output stage features stereo (L/R) balanced XLR outputs that are also mic or line level switchable (factory set to line, refer to manual for mic level set up).
A user friendly control panel is accessible at the top of the unit for easy set up of additional functions or signal routing. Each channel provides individually switchable +48V, +12V and +12V-T phantom power for condenser microphones. Channels 1 and 2 are stereo linkable and a polarity (phase) reverse switch is provided on channel 2. This makes the 302 ideal for M-S stereo style capturing and monitoring. Input and output limiters are user switchable and eliminate noise and distortion caused by signal overload. Low-cut filter switches eliminate noise below 80Hz and the unit is powered by 3 AA batteries or external 5 - 18VDC power source.
- 3 Transformer Balanced Inputs
- The compact mixer features 3 transformer balanced microphone or line level switchable inputs via XLR female 3-pin connectors.
- Flexible Monitoring
- The 302's headphone monitor out is capable of varying output impedance between 8 to 1000 ohms. The monitor source is capable of individual channel, mono, stereo, M-S to stereo monitoring and more.
- Input and Output Limiting
- Each input and stereo outputs provide input and output limiting that prevents signal overload, eliminating noise and distortion.
- Polarity (Phase) Reverse Switch
- Channels 1 & 2 are stereo linkable, channel 2 features a polarity (phase) reverse switch. This makes the 302 ideal for decoding M-S stereo captured audio signal.
- Selectable Phantom Power
- The unit is capable of powering condenser microphones requiring +48V, +12V and +12V-T phantom power. Phantom power is individually switched for every channel.
- Low Cut Filter
- A low-cut filter switch is available on every input, removing noise and rumble below 80Hz.
|Inputs||3 - 3-pin LR female: microphone / line level level|
|Output||2 - 3-pin LR male: microphone / line level refer to manual for set up|
|Monitor/Headphone Out||PHONES: 1/8" (3.5mm) mini stereo output jack|
|ALT I/O||RN: 1/8" (3.5mm) mini stereo output jack - monitor input / alternate ch. 4&5 inputs refer to manual for set up
TAPE OUT/MIX OUT: TA3-type unbalanced
|Link Input/Output||Above TAPE OUT / MIX OUT is also used to link to the Mix In of a 442 or 302|
2.5k ohms (actual), XLR, mic setting, < 500 ohm Mics
16k ohms (actual), XLR, line setting, < 2k ohm outputs
150 ohms (actual), XLR factory Line setting, > = 600 ohm mics
150 ohms (actual), mic (lowest) setting, < 2k ohm outputs
75dB, mic / 35dB, line - XLR output @ factory (line) setting
0-16dB 2dB steps, mic / 40-56dB 2dB steps, line - XLR output attenuated
|Hum & Noise||EIN: -126dBu (-128 BV) max (22Hz - 22kHz bandwidth , flat filter, trim control fully up)|
|Frequency Response||20Hz - 30kHz, +0.2, -0.5dB, -1dB @ 5Hz and 50kHz typical|
|Distortion||THD + Noise: 0.007% typical (1kHz, +4dBu at Line Out) 0.009 max (50Hz to 20kHz, +18dBu at Line out, fader fully up)|
|Metering||Stereo (L/R) 20 segment, sunlight viewable LED meters|
|Control Voltage Out||No|
|Phantom Power||12V, 12V-T & 48V|
|Operating Temperature||Operating: -20 degrees to 60 degrees Celsius, 0 to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)
Storage: -40 degrees to 85 degrees Celsius
|Power||130mA @ 4.5V, internal batteries, idle, no phantom
55mA @ 12V external DC, idle, no phantom
|Dimensions||1.8 x 8.4 x 4.5" (47 x 214 x 114mm) (HxWxD)|
|Weight||1.8 lbs (0.85kg) unpackaged with three alkaline AA batteries|