Demo unit in like-new condition.
Sound Devices’ USBPre® 2 is a high-resolution, portable hardware interface for Mac- and Windows-based digital audio. The USBPre 2 is the industry's highest performance and most flexible portable interface, connecting professional microphones, line-level sources, consumer audio electronics, and S/PDIF digital sources with Mac OS and Windows computers via USB.
- Extended bandwidth, low-noise microphone preamplifiers with 48 V phantom, limiters, high-pass filters, and 15 dB pad.
- Dynamic range greater than 114 dB (in 24-bit operation).
- Flat 10 Hz to 40 kHz (@96 kHz SR) audio bandwidth with very low distortion characteristics.
- Each input individually selectable between microphone, line, and aux level signals (both channels selected simultaneously for S/PDIF connections).
- Precision, 23-segment, multicolor LED peak/VU meter, selectable between input and output sources.
- High-output headphone amplifier can drive a wide range of headphones.
- Balanced outputs on XLR connectors with dedicated level control can be used to drive line- or mic-level inputs.
- Mix control enables zero-delay monitoring of source audio, computer audio, or a mix of both source and computer audio for multitrack recording or computer telephony.
- Phono (RCA) jacks connect Aux Output to external loudspeakers or preamplifiers.
- Bus powering via USB for convenient, single-cable connection to the computer.
- In Stand-Alone mode the USBPre 2 operates as a microphone preamplifier and analog-to-digital converter.
- Hardware loop-through for test & measurement to send computer audio directly back to an input.
- High-strength extruded aluminum chassis.
- Mac® OS X 10.4+, Windows®XP/Vista/7, and Linux, class-compliant audio device.
- Additional features controlled by hardware DIP switches on the back panel; no software-only features and no control panel.
|Converters||24-bit, crystal based low jitter Masterclock|
|Sample Rates||Recording: 8, 16, or 24-bit @ 8, 16, 32, 44.1, 48, 96, 192kHz
Playback: 24-bit @ 8, 16, 32, 44.1, 48, 96, 192kHz
|Analog Input||2 x XLR Microphone
2 x 1/4" TRS phone Line
2 x RCA phono AUX
|Analog Output||2 x XLR Microphone/Line
2 x RCA phono AUX
|Digital Input||1 x TOSLink optical S/PDIF
1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF
|Digital Output||1 x TOSLink optical S/PDIF
1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF
|Maximum Input Level||Mic: -10dBu
Mic (15dB pad): +4dBu
Line: +28dBu (19.45V rms)
Aux: +9dBu (2.18V rms)
|Input Impedance||Mic: 4kΩ, active-balanced
Line: 60kΩ, active-balanced
Aux: 80kΩ, active-balanced
|Maximum Output Level||Balanced XLR: +18dBu with 100kΩ load
Aux: +8dBu (2.0V rms) with 100kΩ load
Headphones: +11dBu (2.75V rms) with 600Ω load
|Output Impedance||Balanced XLR (line level): 500Ω
Balanced XLR (mic level): 5Ω
|Headphone Output||1 x 1/4" TRS phone
1 x 3.5mm stereo mini
|Phantom Power||48V through 6.8kΩ resistors
Each microphone input will supply 10mA
|Metering||2 x 23 segments, 44dB total range, peak ballistics - 0dB on meter = 0dBFS (0dB referenced to full scale digital)|
|THD + N||0.05% maximum (any input to PC recording, gain control at minimum, input driven to -6dBFS)
0.009% maximum (AUX output, 0dBV output, 100Ω load)
0.05% maximum (headphones output, 2V rms output, 600Ω load)
|Noise||EIN: -127dBu minimum (22Hz to 22kHz bandwidth, 150Ω source, gain control fully clockwise, 15dB pad out)|
|Dynamic Range||A/D: 114dB typical (22Hz to 22kHz) A-weighted
D/A: 112dB typical (22Hz to 22kHz) A-weighted
|Frequency Response||10Hz to 40kHz, +/-0.5dB (any input to PC recording)
10Hz to 40kHz, +/-0.5dB (PC source to AUX output)
|Power Requirements||USB bus powered, soft-start meets USB hot-plugging power requirements (5V, 100mA max current drawn during enumeration)
5V (+/- 10%, 500mA max current from USB port (USBPre 2 will not function if connected through a passive USB connection or hub)
|System Requirements||Windows XP (SP3), Vista, or Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
Mac OS X 10.4 or greater
Linux Kernel 2.6.0 or greater (requires standard ALSA snd-usb-audio module)
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||7.25 x x 4.25 x 1.7" (180 x 100 x 43mm)|
|Weight||1.13 lbs (0.5kg)|
|Specialties||24- or 16-bit S/PDIF digital input
Input Limiter Threshold: -4dBFS
Low Cut Filter: 80Hz, -3.0dB, 12dB per octave