DACS Monitor Control Central
Monitor Controller with Desk Top Control Unit and a separate Audio Rack
light is on when LED ring is illuminated
Cue Control and Source Select
No surprises here. Volume and Output Source:
• Turn it up and down and select between sending the dedicated Cue feed or the stereo output to the headphone system
• When pressed and illuminated, that source is fed to the main output
Mic for talkback, with gain adjustment in line and on the right-hand side, and a latching switch that illuminates when talkback is active. The talkback is fed to all the CUE outputs and automatically dims their input by an amount set on the rack unit's potentiometer.
Speaker Select Switches
Whichever speaker pair is active its switch will be illuminated; only one switch can be active at any one time. This switch can be reprogrammed to be momentary on request.
Cue Sel and CUE LISTEN
Select which of the Cue outputs you want to monitor and push the CUE LISTEN switch (latching). This disconnects the currently selected Source and feeds the selected Cue to the main monitors after the Cue Control Volume setting.
This switch (latching) DIMs the main speaker outputs by an amount set on the front of the rack unit where there is a potentiometer.
This switch (latching) mixes the L and R signal together and feeds this mix to each speaker
Press this switch (latching) for complete cut-off of the signal to the speakers
Adjusts the loudspeaker volume
Programming the volume to each speaker
Some powered speakers and amplifiers have no volume control or limited gain ranges. We have included a feature which will allow you to program an offset into the volume sent to each speaker.
The basic procedure is simple:
• Set the quietest pair of speakers to a medium/high level
• Hold a Speaker Select switch down for a few seconds and the lights will flash - this means you have entered Trim Mode
• Now select the other pairs of speakers and adjust the level to match the original pair
Controls on the Audio Rack
On the front of the audio rack there are three items:
• On/Off power switch - this switch lights up when the unit is powered
• Loudspeaker Dim - this potentiometer lets you adjust the DIM level
• Talkback Dim - this potentiometer lets you adjust the amount the CUE signal is reduced when Talkback is active.
DACS Monitor Control Central Features
- 6x Main Inputs (Stereo Balanced)
- 4x Cue Inputs (Stereo Balanced)
- 3x Main Speaker Outputs (Stereo Balanced)
- 4x Cue Outputs (Stereo Balanced)
- Headphone Out