The BST 25-216 is a professional quality, auxiliary base station transmitter designed to operate with the PR-216 and PR-216 Option 7 synthesized receivers in the 216-217 MHz band.
The BST 25-216 transmitter incorporates the latest digital and analog technologies to produce low residual noise, wide dynamic range, and extended frequency response rendering the most natural sound possible from a wireless system.
This transmitter may be used for personal cueing, tour guide, language interpretation, and assistive listening applications.
Unique COMTEK features of the BST 25-216 include:
- 57 user-selectable channels in the 216-217 MHz range: 38 standard narrow-band, non-companded channels; 19 high-fidelity narrow-band channels with companded audio processing.
- Single-window, bright LED display for exact frequency and channel, VU bar graph meter, antenna condition and lock-out indicator.
- Test tone generator for receiver testing and audio level referencing.
- Balanced mic or line level with 60 dB of control range to accommodate any audio level.
- Micro controller automatically sets the modulation deviation, the audio mode for companding processing, and the EQ when corresponding channels are selected.
- Can be rack mounted for AC or 12 volt DC power and can accommodate a variety of remote antennas.
12-volt DC power supply, TWA-216 telescoping whip antenna, and C-16 carrying case.
|Audio Inputs||Mic XLR, 600 ohm balanced -40dBV (nominal)
Line XLR, 10 kohm balanced 0dBV (nominal)
|Connectors||XLR-3 female audio input connector for mic and line input
XLR-4 male power input 12 V
BNC type RF output connector
|Indicators||LED bar graph VU meter displays audio input (modulation)
Two digit alpha numeric display shows operating channel
Five digit numeric display shows operating frequency
Antenna indicator displays deficient antenna condition
Lock out indicator shows tuning has been disabled
|Antenna||Telescopic antenna mounts directly into top of transmitter
BNC RF output connector for optional external antenna
|FCC Compliance||Type accepted under Part 95|
|Power Requirements||12 V DC, 300 mA max|
|Freq. Response (Rec/Repro)||80Hz-8kHz|
|Audio Distortion||Less than 1% at 80% modulation|
|Modulation||Soft compressor type with high (25 dB) linear overload protection, attack time less than 1ms, recovery time 10ms|
|Gain Control||Greater than 40 dB|
|Generators||Test tone: 400Hz 0.05% distortion|
|Modulation||Frequency: 5 and 10kHz deviation|
|RF Output Power||Set for 100mW for FCC Part 95|
|Frequency Stability||Better than 20 ppm. digitally synthesized, crystal controlled|
|Harmonic & Spurious Emissions||Better than 55 dB below carrier|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||6.5 x 1.8 x 5.6" (165.1 x 45.7 x 142.4mm)|
|Weight||2.8 lb. (1.2kg)|